The once OJT experience of my life

The moment I step into the office for my interview was the time I felt ‘I wanna work here’. It’s not the beauty of the place and such. I just liked the atmosphere and that’s it. I didn’t know then that there is where I am gonna experience my dream OJT.

Honestly, I view OJT before as a very scary thing. I mean, I always worry: what if Im not going to love my job? What if my boss is evil? What if I fail? Well, after working at Interpac, all these worries become a wisp of smoke. Well, God is just a prayer away!

Working as a trainee ran smoothly as I enjoyed programming. My supervisor is a real master programmer in the flesh! He taught me the necessities in real world programming. He can debug errors I try to fix for hours (even days) in just minutes! I’ve been trained with very important skills and tips of debugging a program. I also learned to edit web pages the web master way. I was exposed to very high level of programming that I didn’t even know it exists.

I was also trained and exposed to real world of business scenarios like product awareness seminar, bank transactions, the nature of such invoices, product installation to site, issuing receipts to companies, following-up business with other companies, etc. I met a lot of people who work in big companies.

Plus, with these I had full experiences of travelling around Makati, Ayala to Ortigas, Ayala to Libis, etc. I learned a lot of routes. Yes, it isn’t always that I commute like that. I don’t ride MRT, LRT, bus alone before. I also learned standing in the bus without tripping! I really felt that these all part of the training to the real world after graduation.

Eventually, I felt comfortable hanging around my officemates. My bosses are the best. We never had boring lunch together. Even when everyone is preoccupied, we still find moments to stir up the atmosphere. We had many fun times. We even often play with my boss’ DLSR. We had the same passion of taking photos . I learned a lot even during our storytelling time. I guess every lunch we have different topics: history, politics, family life, love life, even super natural stuffs! Oh really, my 500 hours were worth it!


written March 04, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to make: Fruity Overnight Oats meal

©️Tep Fai 2020  I remember looking for a healthy recipe good for breakfast 2 years ago. Saying "healthy dish" doesnt...